“Democrats believe that we're greater together than we are on our own—that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, when everyone does their fair share, when everyone plays by the same rules. Our party is focused on building an economy that lasts—an economy that lifts up all Americans.
That's why Democrats are working to advance issues like job creation, education, health care, and clean energy".
Taken from the Democrats.org Website
What it means to be a Democrat...
Democrats stand for Hope, Equal Opportunity, and Fair Play. These are the values Texans share in our personal lives and the values we expect to define our economic and social policies. Texas Democrats are building a better state and a stronger nation where those who work hard and play by the rules can achieve their American dream.
· In equal opportunity for all citizens.
· In rewarding, honest, hard work with a living wage in a tax system that is fair.
· In family values that are more than a political slogan.
· In quality education that gives all citizens the opportunity to reach their potential.
· In freedom from government interference in our private lives and personal decisions.
· In the benefits of individual strengths in our diverse population.
· In security in our homes and safety on our streets. Criminals should face swift and certain punishment.
· In separation of Church and State to preserve the freedom to pursue our beliefs.
· In a strong United States—morally, economically and militarily.
· In support of laws that protect our environment, including common-sense
reforms that give us cleaner and safer air and water.
To preserve these values and to ensure that our state continues to provide
economic opportunity to all Texans, we must be able to conduct effective election